{ about us }

hello we are Marc & Jen and this blog chronicles our crazy journey together...thanks for listening!

{ marc } aka husband, smartest person ever, and honey. bachelors in physics and math. Working on his PhD in biophysics. Loves to bike, read, and pretty much anything nerdy

{ jen } aka crazy perfectionist. bachelors in interior design and a Master of Architecture. Currently working at Richardson Design Partnership in SLC

{ Newton } aka baby boy, little newt, newtonian, fig newton, and lovey. Loves oranges, tomatoes, stuffed animals, running wild, and licking every person he sees.

{Maxwell Rags} aka Maxerella, Maxerboo, Maxiepants and the white knight! Very calm but goofy. Total cuddle bear. Loves shoes..ugh!

{ Yarn } aka yarnicans. Loves drinking from the sink, teasing newton, yarn, curling in a ball, and creating little caves in blankets to sleep in

{ the babies }

{ the babies }



Free Hit Counter

Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy

Paris

Paris

Rome

Rome

Pompeii

Pompeii

Sorrento

Sorrento

Venice

Venice

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Look who's 47

I have learned all the greatest lessons in life from my mom. Many people ask my mom how she turned out two great kids as a working single mom and she always tells them it wasnt her that my brother and I were just motivated/smart people. Well I would like to settle this once and for all...we learned about motivation and hard work from my mom. She always expressed to us how great our potential was and that encouraged us not to disappoint ourselves or her.

Anyone that has ever met my mom constantly tells me how much they love her. She is the most happy and fun person to be around. Her laugh is positively infectious. She lives life with the best attitude and makes friends with everyone. Her energy is absolutely staggering. Marc is still amazed at all the things she does in one day.

One of the things I admire most about my mom is her happiness to serve. She is the best visiting teacher I have ever witnessed. Her ladies are not afraid to call for anything, even to take them to the hospital. She dedicates so much time to singing in the ward choir. She isn't even a singer, but she does it because no one else will. All the youth in our ward and all our friends call her Mama Binks, because she takes care of everyone like they are her child.

I owe everything to my mom, for being selfless enough to dedicate her life to me. She has always been there when I needed her. After getting married, Marc and I were both going to college when my car broke. I was walking to school on days that Marc needed the car, talk about a kick in the pants. Sometimes my mom would drive up from Bountiful to pick me up and take me to work, then she got us a car to use until we got another one. I have never been so grateful for something in my whole life.

That's how she is, she just goes around doing good. I just want her to know I love and appreciate her for everything she does for me...I owe every ounce of success to her. I hope she had a great birthday yesterday!!!

4 comments:

Danelle and Alex said...

It is so sweet how much you love your mom. I don't even know her and just reading this post makes me want to be like her! I admire how close the two of you are.

Amanda said...

That was so sweet! I still remember your mom from back in our soccer days. She was so cute!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

I love your mom too! She took such good care of us back in the day... take us wherever we wanted...classic skating and what not! Ha Ha.
Tell her happy b-day

janice said...

It sounds like you have a very ambitious mother. Working two jobs and still ready to go have fun. We hope you get started on your master degree and Marc gets in the physics department if he doesn't soon hear from a medical school.
WE love you both
Grsndma and Grandpa Lamb