{ about us }

hello we are Marc & Jen and this blog chronicles our crazy journey together...thanks for listening!

{ marc } aka husband, smartest person ever, and honey. bachelors in physics and math. Working on his PhD in biophysics. Loves to bike, read, and pretty much anything nerdy

{ jen } aka crazy perfectionist. bachelors in interior design and a Master of Architecture. Currently working at Richardson Design Partnership in SLC

{ Newton } aka baby boy, little newt, newtonian, fig newton, and lovey. Loves oranges, tomatoes, stuffed animals, running wild, and licking every person he sees.

{Maxwell Rags} aka Maxerella, Maxerboo, Maxiepants and the white knight! Very calm but goofy. Total cuddle bear. Loves shoes..ugh!

{ Yarn } aka yarnicans. Loves drinking from the sink, teasing newton, yarn, curling in a ball, and creating little caves in blankets to sleep in

{ the babies }

{ the babies }



Free Hit Counter

Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy

Paris

Paris

Rome

Rome

Pompeii

Pompeii

Sorrento

Sorrento

Venice

Venice

Sunday, May 24, 2009

First Week

Well I survived the first week of school. Its been an interesting experience so far. I have two extensive design studios this summer. One focuses on analog/hand means of expression and the other is digital expression. I have had to do lots of sketching and its always intimidating to show that to the rest of the class but I have been surprised that I am not as bad as I thought I was.

My class has a total of 8 people. There are two girls Mikaela who is from Sweden and Laura who is an economics major who finally decided to do what she really wants to do. They are both fun girls and really cute. My teacher joked with the guys that they should be thrilled because we have the highest concentration of cute girls in architecture ever. It was pretty funny. Everyone in the group is really easy to get along with and we have a lot of fun together. Friday we went out to Antelope Island to study different landscapes and how they determine design. We had a great time.

The worst part thus far has been the commuting I am doing. I drive to the U and then usually run errands downtown for my projects then I go to work which is on the west side of the Valley, then I head home. I will be glad for this Friday to roll around so I can quit. However, I have been managing my time pretty well and I might try to do some work-study on campus to cut down on the amount of loans I am taking out.

So the projects I have been working on thus far are a perspective sketch of Huntsman Cancer Institute, a brochure of HDRI images of Salt Lake City architecture, research project on Rick Joy a famous desert architect, and also we are designing a modern art structure on Antelope Island. Marc has been great with taking care of me and making sure everything with the house is taken care of. I also have been attending an institute class in the morning before going to class. Its something I have never done but I felt like it was really important for me to do this and I think it has helped a lot with my sanity so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.
Congratulations on your new house. If we were still any good at moving, we would come down and help you, but those day's are gone.
Jen it sounds like you are a very busy and talented young lady. We are very proud of you and hope you do well in this new program.
We hope Marc can soon find a job for this year and then get into the program at school that he wants.
We love you both and would like to see you sometime.
Love Grandpa and Grandma Lamb

Melissa said...

Jen!! I found your blog through Kristen's blog. It has been forever since I've seen ya and I know its a bit freaky, but like to see whats going on with you and marc... ;) Would you mind If I add you to my friends blog list? And congrats on the new house!!