He also met with the Lynn Higgs, who sits on the admissions board at the U to talk with him about his application and the PhD program. Higgs made it sound like Marc was a great candidate...when he applied this Spring they ended up not being able to accept any of the 2nd round of candidates due to budget cuts. So he seems pretty hopeful for this next year. He still is going to have to take the GRE and the Physics GRE he will do both in November. It sounds like if you want to do a medical physics emphasis you do the first two years of course work and then a 3 year residency which counts toward your PhD. The whole thing is up in the air since its so specialized...what will probably end up happening is we will both get our masters at the same time and then we might have to switch to a school (probably back east) that specializes in this for the last 3 years. I really don't want to think that far ahead though! I'm just so happy where we are at for once and I want to enjoy that feeling for awhile...I finally have succumbed to the schoolness.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Finally
He also met with the Lynn Higgs, who sits on the admissions board at the U to talk with him about his application and the PhD program. Higgs made it sound like Marc was a great candidate...when he applied this Spring they ended up not being able to accept any of the 2nd round of candidates due to budget cuts. So he seems pretty hopeful for this next year. He still is going to have to take the GRE and the Physics GRE he will do both in November. It sounds like if you want to do a medical physics emphasis you do the first two years of course work and then a 3 year residency which counts toward your PhD. The whole thing is up in the air since its so specialized...what will probably end up happening is we will both get our masters at the same time and then we might have to switch to a school (probably back east) that specializes in this for the last 3 years. I really don't want to think that far ahead though! I'm just so happy where we are at for once and I want to enjoy that feeling for awhile...I finally have succumbed to the schoolness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment