{ about us }

hello we are Marc & Jen and this blog chronicles our crazy journey together...thanks for listening!

{ marc } aka husband, smartest person ever, and honey. bachelors in physics and math. Working on his PhD in biophysics. Loves to bike, read, and pretty much anything nerdy

{ jen } aka crazy perfectionist. bachelors in interior design and a Master of Architecture. Currently working at Richardson Design Partnership in SLC

{ Newton } aka baby boy, little newt, newtonian, fig newton, and lovey. Loves oranges, tomatoes, stuffed animals, running wild, and licking every person he sees.

{Maxwell Rags} aka Maxerella, Maxerboo, Maxiepants and the white knight! Very calm but goofy. Total cuddle bear. Loves shoes..ugh!

{ Yarn } aka yarnicans. Loves drinking from the sink, teasing newton, yarn, curling in a ball, and creating little caves in blankets to sleep in

{ the babies }

{ the babies }



Free Hit Counter

Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy

Paris

Paris

Rome

Rome

Pompeii

Pompeii

Sorrento

Sorrento

Venice

Venice

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hooray!


Well we just finished our first semester of grad school together and I am really impressed that we did as well as we did. I thought it might take a semester or two to adjust and get in the swing of things, but we both did well. I am really proud of Marc for getting such good grades...especially his first semester back. His classes are incredibly difficult. I'm sure you would all be sick to know that he didn't really have to study that much. I mean he studied somewhat but not the 1000's of hours it would take anyone else taking these classes. He took: classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, and mathematical methods for physicists. WOW what a party!!! He also found out next semester he will be doing a lecture TA which is awesome! This semester he just did a lab so he wasn't really teaching as much. But he did help lots of students out during his office hours, the students could come to his office for help and I swear people came who weren't even his students...it does help he speaks English!

In his program you do 2 years of coursework and then you start your research assistantship. Well in Marc's case because he is doing the medical/bio physics route he will have an additional year of coursework so 3 years of coursework and then about 3 years of research. During that additional year he will be taking classes at the Med school with Radiology residents. His research will probably end up being combined with the medical school or biology. The whole point of this medical physics is to have a functioning knowledge of both worlds so you can research both. Marc is really interested in researching with private companies in equipment technology or imaging techniques.

I have had the wonderful opportunity of sitting in on some of the lectures at the physics department with Marc. It has proven to me that these young men really are the future of the world. They are the brightest thinkers and physicists really are responsible for some of our greatest advancements. Every piece of technology we love and all the other amazing things we enjoy all operate on the principles of physics that someone figured out. When I sit in on these lectures I leave so inspired, even though I didn't understand a thing.




2 comments:

Josh and Kelli said...

You two are too smart! Congrats on your awesome grades, you both work so hard and you deserve it! Enjoy the rest of your break! It was fun seeing you at Christmas, too bad our stay was too short. We love you!

Danelle and Alex said...

You guys are genius's!! You got straight A's in grade school that is amazing!! I can't even understand your explanations of things you guys are doing which shows how smart you two are! Good work on the good grades and intense projects!