Yeah I am finally getting caught up on these pictures! Here is session 4 last month. This session we had to complete the second module of our house. It was actually starting to get warmer so that helped a ton!
Setting up cribbing. Its amazing these 2x4 structures will hold 17.5 tons. We spent a lot of time leveling them to each other.
Here is the Hutchins family. They are pretty excited to get a new house. They currently are homeless and their father is in prison on DUI charges and expected to get released December 2012.
Floor structure. Bolts and hangers.
Here you can see both crews second module floors.
These commercial shelves will be the cladding on the outside of the building. Pretty crazy huh? Really cheap and we sanded and painted them up really nice.
Green Fiber insulation
Framing!

We work really hard and really long hours! Can't remember the last time I woke up that I wasn't sore. I'm getting really good muscles though!
Roof on and interior walls framed. I made the framing plans for all the interior walls. I had no clue what I was doing but it didn't turn out to bad. The hard part was that the roof is sloped so the height of interior walls is constantly changing.
Wolfmann panel...amazing!
I found these awesome pottery shards on a hike. We went to a pretty remote place that had no trail, but we were rewarded by seeing millions of pottery pieces.
Steel for our structural system that these modules will sit on. Someone donated this to us. A few posts back I posted the design you should check it out!

No comments:
Post a Comment