Finally it was time to head back to the States. We got up early so that we could "enjoy" the seven or so hour car ride to get to Seattle. The scenery was beautiful but there is only so much time that we could stand being crammed into the car. We were able to get out for a couple of hours as we rode the ferry from the island back to the mainland. That was fairly pleasant and the food on the ferry was actually really tasty. Jen and I each had a steak sandwich that we thoroughly enjoyed.
We didn't stop anywhere on the way to Seattle, we wanted to be able to see some stuff in Seattle, so we drove straight there.
Little did we know though, Pike's Place Market closes fairly early. That was exciting to discover after we walked there, that there wasn't anything going on. After some standing and discussing what we should do for dinner, we eventually decided to go down to the water's edge and see what was there. There was a fish place that we all decided looked good, and I think it was called The Fisherman's or something like that. Nobody else was too interested in walking to Ivar's so I was kind of outvoted. I didn't really mind after we got our food though. Jen and I ordered a prawn feast. It was our anniversary so we kind of splurged. The feast came with bread, salads, soups, and a clam/mussel bucket, and then the main course. The food was delicious and well worth the money. Not many people get to spend their anniversary with their in-laws or their parents, but we can say that now.
After dinner we hiked, and I mean hiked, back to our hotel. I did not remember this, but Seattle is really a very hilly place, especially from the water up to where our hotel was. It was good to get some exercise, but it was still quite a hike.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment