So this post is somewhat in response to a post my friend Cami did awhile back, but I am just getting around to writing my thoughts. Her post was that she was not a baby hater which I found hilarious and I really related with what she wrote. Apparently if you don't have a baby within the first 2 years of marriage people are convinced you are worldly and don't want to have kids. This is completely ridiculous.
I think our ward is convinced that me and Marc will live a lonely childless life holed up in our offices. Its just so funny, and this is a soapbox you don't want to get me started on. Me and Marc have had so many conversations about this and the conclusion we have come to is that we are too young. This is a personal decision obviously, but we just are really enjoying the phase of life we are in right now. We just don't feel ready, so get off our backs. Of course we will be so excited when that time comes, but for heck's sake can't we enjoy this time before we go down that long road. Geez, I'm only 23 I have all the time in the world and I really believe being well educated will make me a better mother.
So no, I am no baby hater, in fact I think having a baby will be the best experience of my life, but I'm more than a baby pushing out machine...I am a girl with goals, dreams, and potential and I see no harm in going after that. So me and Marc have conjured up this response to those who ask us the million dollar question, with a sad expression "we are unable to have children" and watch them look like fools.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
HAHA oh my goodness jen, that is EXACTLY how I feel!! you really took the words from my mouth. I am so thankful that someone else my age feels this way. I get questions all the time at church and we haven't even been married a year yet! People think that my ovaries are shriveling or something because I'm 23 and haven't put them to good use! Well i'm telling you right now that we are planning on at least two years from now when I'm graduated from school. Well, that's the plan at least! Stranger things have happened! I just people at church, I have two dogs which we consider our kids and that is quite enough for us for the time being!! I really admire YOU for pursuing your goals. You are so so intelligent and talented and I'm so happy that you got in to your program. That is a tough thing to do. What a great accomplishment!
I hated that question too! I don't know why people ask it all the time its a very personal thing! I started telling people I didn't have a uterus ha!
Post a Comment