Wednesday, March 31, 2010
I GOT IN!!!
I GOT IN!!!! I just got an e-mail tonight from Jackie Hadley, who is the graduate school secretary for the University of Utah Physics program. The e-mail basically said here is the letter that we are going to be sending you. The letter went on to say, they are admitting me and I get the tuition waiver, and they are going to pay me a stipend as a level 2, which is the highest there is as a TA, and so that will be equivalent to $14,131 for the nine months of school. There is also a possibility of summer money too, but that is limited. This has really been a long time coming for us, and I can't quite get over how excited I am. Every time I think about it the same words keep coming to mind, "I still can't believe..." There are so many amazing benefits that come from this program. The U has an amazing Physics department, I will get paid to go to school and will only need to take out a minimum of student loans, I should be done in 5 years, I will get subsidized insurance, and the list goes on and on. I am so excited to start doing some research with some of the professors there. So when I get the official letter (that I'm pretty sure I will frame), I will take a picture and post it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Congrats!! That is SO exciting! I'm SO happy for you!! :)
That is the best news EVER! We are so excited for you! You've worked so hard, and you deserve it! Congratulations!!!!!!
Congrats Jen!!! That is SO exciting!!! I am so happy for you!!!
Congrats! I have such a brilliant brother! Too bad you took all the brains before I came along... gee thanks. Love you!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!!! I'm so happy and excited for you. You have worked so hard and you really deserve it!
I just saw the comment you left on our blog. I am a slacker when it comes to checking that thing! So glad you found us. Congrat Marc!!!! We are so happy for you! Let's go out and celebrate. Now I (Lindsey) better start looking at graduate schools since everyone else seems to be doing it! But really congrats, you really do deserve it!
Congratulations!! That is so wonderful for you both, we're really happy for you. Michele & Mike
Congratulations Marc! We haven't checked your blog in a while. Good things are happening for you and Jen. We are happy for you.
Post a Comment