
Marc and I went and voted together this morning, both times I have been able to vote I have had Marc there so that makes it a lot more fun. We volunteer on Tuesdays at Washington Elementary, so we got to Bountiful City hall about 10:30 this morning and were surprised to find no wait. We went right in together and placed our votes. Last time I voted it was paper ballots, but this time they had the electronic machines. I think I prefer the paper ballot better just because I feel more confident seeing my mark.
I'm sure most of those that know us know we were voting for Obama. Although we don't agree with him on every issue, we are confident he is the smarter more down-to-earth candidate who seems to have some great ideas. The real issue we had with McCain was the fact that he graduated fifth to last in his class and that he left his wife after she became disabled from an accident and on top of that he was basically a womanizer when he was in the Navy. Its pretty pathetic when your decision comes down to who has the better character, we should have two great candidates and decide on the issues but oh well.
Voting always makes me feel so proud to be American. Although our political process get a little crazy and annoying we really do have the best democracy in the world, and by voting we get to acknowledge that fact. We will be watching CNN tonight rooting for Obama, it will be a historic night that is for sure. So to all those 100 million people who won't vote: You should really be ashamed of yourself and you missed out on a great opportunity!!!

2 comments:
Marc is so nice to say that about my hair! I Have to say that you have BEAUTIFUL hair! I have always had long hair but i have LOVED having short hair. Right now its shorter then when i first cut it. The first time i cut it i made sure it was long enough to at least still do a tiny pony tail now i cant even do that so if you do it do it a little at a time i miss pony tails ;-). GOOD JOB on voting guys!! I'm horrible and didn't get registered in time!
Isn't it crazy so many people don't vote? And also, I love the pictures on your blog!
Post a Comment